HI. WE'RE GEEK FUEL & CURATIONAL
We are subscription box experts - we have our in-house brand (Geek Fuel Monthly Mystery Box of Geeky Goodness @ www.geekfuel.com) as well as partnerships with Top 50 YouTuber's like Vsauce via www.curational.com. We're a small, incredibly nimble team that has shipped more than 600,000 boxes to 30 countries in the last few years. We have a great team and are moving into awesome space at the brand-new Industry Co-Working facility in Rhino in November.
This is a direct report position to the two founders. Your role would be varied and far-reaching and likely change from day to day - with the goal of freeing up as much of their time as possible. This could be everything from data analysis and marketing result reports in Excel to reviewing our various websites for updates to writing surveys to gauge our member's preferences.
While this is not a programming or technology position, extensive expertise will be required in spreadsheets, specialized software, and custom CMS platforms. You will be trained on these platforms but will need to pick up new skills rapidly and without a lot of repeat training.
Juggling multiple different tasks at once will be critical as will extreme attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
Responsibilities & Skill Requirements
- Direct report to co-founders. Work to free up their time with a variety of specialized projects. This is not coordinating travel plans and making phone calls - this is detailed analysis, complex decision making and project management. No two days will be the same.
- Technology aspects. This is not a programming position, but having expertise with all forms of technology will be critical - setting up DNS records to configuring e-mail platforms and from using specialize marketing programs to spending lots of time in Excel.
- Organizational skills. You'll need to manage multiple projects at once and keep various divisions and partnerships all moving forward at once. Research, analysis and action items will generally be part of each project.
- Excel expert. You must have the ability to instantly create complex worksheets that analyze data quickly and accurately. You must be extensively experienced with features like VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, sorting and managing 10,000+ row spreadsheets and data management techniques that ensure accuracy. Please do not apply if you don't have this expertise - it will be evaluated in detail early in the interview process.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation. Based on your expertise, experience, and abilities.
- One of the best work spaces in Denver. 2nd story glass offices in the brand new Industry Rino - rooftop deck, free happy hours, and tons of creative professionals.
- Creative, dedicated team members. We're a small team doing big things - everyone has an impact and everyone has input in the direction of the company.
- Reasonable work schedule. We didn't build a company where the team has to work long hours to get the job done. We expect you to be focused, quick and efficient while at the office - but do not expect you to work long hours or weekends. Enjoy work, enjoy life!
Please note that this is full-time position, based in Denver. No telecommuting. We will not interview anyone from out of the area -- if you don't live in the Denver area now, hold off applying for this job. Once you move to Denver, let us know.